28 February 2011
I've tried a few Tiramisu recipes before and this one is the best!
Ingredients (serves 4)
1 cup strong coffee, cooled to room temperature
1/2 cup + 1/3 cup Baileys Original Irish Cream liqueur
1 pack sponge finger biscuits
2 eggs, separated
50g brown sugar
1. Beat the egg yolks and sugar in a bowl until thick and creamy. Add mascarpone and 1/2 cup of Baileys and beat until well combined.
2. Use a clean electric beater to whisk the egg whites in a bowl until soft peaks form. Use a metal spoon to fold half the egg white into mascarpone mixture. Fold in remaining egg white until combined.
3. Combine coffee and 1/3 cup of Baileys in a bowl. Dip biscuits, one at a time, into the coffee mixture and use them to line the bottom of the serving bowl.
4. Spoon one layer of mascarpone mixture onto the biscuits. Line another layer of biscuits, and add on a second layer of mascarpone mixture.
5. Put the Tiramisu in the fridge to chill (about 4 hours).
6. Sprinkle with chocolate powder to serve.